HR Manager & Analyst - North/Scotland
UK Knottingley Branch
Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an additional person to join our HR team. We are looking for an experienced HR Manager & Analyst to support our branch and workshops within the North region and Scotland area.
With the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels you will be responsible for supporting managers and employees in a wide range of HR activities and initiatives. Reporting to the HR Leader and working with the HR team you will be responsible for partnering with managers and their teams within your geographical area to identify business goals and priorities, and delivering people plans for enabling these priorities. This position is also responsible for carrying out HR Analytical duties for the HR team and will collect, compile, and analyze HR data, metrics, and statistics, and apply this data to make recommendations related to HR, payroll & business practices.
Opportunities we offer:
Do you want to work for a European market leader within the transport industry, where diverse and challenging international opportunities are in abundance, and where strategic growth is core?
Our talented employees come from a diversity of backgrounds and receive competitive benefits packages.
Due to successful business growth this newly created HR Manager position has become available to join the UK & Ireland HR team which currently supports in excess of 650 employees across the UK & Ireland. If you are looking to work in an environment where the importance of team spirit is valued highly, and where you are encouraged to enhance your skills set, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are not just offering a day-to-day job but a long-term professional life.
- To work effectively with the UK & Ireland HR team to ensure consistency in approach and to ensure organisational priorities and business imperatives are supported through HR initiatives.
- Provide a comprehensive high-quality range/ full spectrum of HR generalist support and guidance to managers in all aspects of HR.
- Ensure consistent and effective critical HR processes are carried out, such as: Talent & Succession planning, Salary & Bonus planning, payroll, employee engagement, appraisals, Goals & Objectives and performance management.
- To support the UK & Ireland HR Director in any potential acquisitions or TUPE transfers and advise managers regarding legal requirements, approach and best practice.
- To advise and assist managers on best practice for any branch mergers/consolidations, restructures etc. ensuring that all legislative requirements are met.
- Be an active European HR team member and drive best practice sharing across TIP Trailer Services.
- Ensure that workplace practices are consistent with company policies, procedures and values
- To share knowledge & experience on pensions, benefits and employment legislation, with a sharp and pro-active approach to support leadership team in growing our business
- To provide on the job coaching and training to managers to develop and improve people management skills – particular emphasis on absence management, disciplinary/grievance hearings, performance management and succession planning.
- Support the HR Talent & Acquisition Specialist when required recruitment activities as required.
- Provide advice and guidance on HR matters to internal customers at all levels to support decision making and day-to-day management
- Problem resolution in the field through proactive involvement.
- To provide guidance, advice and support to managers in disciplinary and grievance interviews/procedures ensuring that consistent procedures are followed with Employment Law adherence.
- To provide management and employees with advice on employment law issues, to keep abreast of new legislation and implement necessary changes to HR practice accordingly.
- To be actively involved in ad-hoc project work
- Use effective HR analytical skills and experience to collect HR data on areas such as payroll outputs, management and employee surveys, compensation & benefits, employment records, and exit interviews.
- Implementing relevant HR metrics in order to determine the efficiency and impact of the workforce.
- Analyzing data and statistics for trends regarding motivation, turnover, sickness & absence, recruitment practices and compliance with employment laws.
- Optimizing and implementing new data processes and systems.
- Compiling reports of data results and presenting these to senior managers.
- Analysing Gender pay Gap results and identifying areas for improvement.
- Auditing payroll and workday data to ensure high level of accuracy
Whilst the above outlines the main duties of the post, the list is not exhaustive and duties may need to change in the light of future developments, or from time to time as directed by your manager.
Qualifications / Required Competencies:
- Experienced CIPD HR qualified professional
- At least 5 years of related and progressive HR experience
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and the ability to create charts, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Familiarity with HR operations, such as payroll and employee benefits
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Able to work in a dynamic and matrix work environment
- Outstanding communication, training and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving/analytical skills.
- High degree of credibility to influence and persuade
- Experience of providing HR support to a Commercial organization
- Ability to interact with senior leaders and balance multiple priorities
- Able to translate strategies and business priorities into actionable plans
- Knowledge and practical understanding of UK employment market & environment (law, practice and conditions)
- Flexible, resourceful and initiative taker with confidence and ability to push/back challenge
- Excellent standard of process management and development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible approach to duties and travel to branches, which may involve short periods away from home
- Full driving license
Benefits we offer
- Company pension
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous referral programme
- Life assurance
- And many more!
TIP Trailer Services employs staff at more than 136 locations and at more than 72 maintenance facilities throughout 17 European countries and Canada. Our employment opportunities are diverse and available at a variety of locations.
TIP is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
Hiring is subject to background check.